Baptist Community Services – NSW & ACT is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Membership of BCS is available, in a variety of ways, to all members of churches who are affiliated with the Baptist Churches of NSW & ACT.
The members of BCS elect a Board from Company Members. The Board comprises 11 Directors, who serve in a voluntary, non-paid capacity. For more information about governance of BCS, see the ‘About Us’ section of this website.
By becoming a Member of BCS, you have the opportunity to:
- Make a commitment to the provision of community services as an expression of the Christian Gospel;
- Contribute to the ministry of BCS in many ways through prayer, giving, volunteering, communicating with your church, and electing Directors;
- Receive the latest information and progress reports on BCS programs and services;
- Play an active part in the continued growth and future development of the organisation which has been caring for those in need since 1944.
To become a Member
Membership categories are outlined below. To become a Member, simply complete the appropriate membership form (downloadable below) and send it to The Company Secretary, Baptist Community Services – NSW & ACT, PO Box 655, EPPING NSW 1710.
As a BCS partner in ministry, you will receive:
- Regular prayer updates and monthly BCS eNews
- Invitation to an annual “Meet the CEO" members function
- Copies of the “Trust” magazine
- Copy of the Annual Report and an invitation to the Annual General Meeting
- Opportunities to visit BCS services
- Invitations to special BCS events including official openings, anniversaries and celebrations
- Personal volunteering opportunities
- Copies of BCS promotional material
- A BCS pen
- A membership Certificate
Categories of Membership
Membership of BCS falls under one of five categories, as set out in the BCS Articles of Association.
1. Article 5 - Ordinary Membership: Members of Executive Committee of Baptist Union of NSW.
Members of the Executive Committee of the Baptist Churches of NSW & ACT are entitled to apply for membership of BCS.
Click here to download an application form for BCS membership according to Article 5 - Ordinary Membership: Members of Executive Committee of Baptist Union of NSW.
2. Article 6(a) - Life Membership: Subscription/Donation of at least $500 over 5 years
On application to the BCS Board, Life Membership is available where donations totalling $500.00 or more are received by BCS over a period not exceeding 5 years.
Click here to download an application form for BCS membership according to Article 6(a) – Financial Life Membership.
3. Article 6(b) - Ordinary membership: Members Nominated by a Baptist Church in NSW or ACT
From our inception, Baptist Community Services – NSW & ACT has been closely linked to local Baptist congregations through local church representatives who serve as members of our company.
All Baptist churches in NSW and ACT are entitled to nominate a BCS company member and in so doing, have a voice in shaping the vision and direction of the organisation.
Our company members can not only have a hands-on role within BCS, they also serve as a valuable communication link to local congregations.
At BCS we need advocates for our ministry; people who will share the BCS story in their church and help us to strengthen partnerships with our family of churches.
Click here to download an application form for BCS membership according to Article 6(b) - Ordinary membership: Members Nominated by a Baptist Church in NSW or ACT.
4. Article 6(c) - Ordinary Individual Membership: Annual Subscription $22.00
Individual church members may apply to become members of BCS. An annual membership subscription of $22.00 (includes GST) should accompany the application.
Click here to download an application form for BCS membership according to Article 6(c) - Ordinary Individual Membership.
5. Article 7 - Honorary Life Membership
Honorary Life Membership of BCS is conferred at the discretion of the BCS Board of Directors. Please contact the Company Secretary for more information, on 02 9023 2500.
A list of Honorary Life Members is published each year in the BCS Annual Report.
Click here to download an application form for BCS membership according to Article 7 - Honorary Life Membership.
To find out more about BCS membership, please email or call 9023 2500 or 1300 ASK BCS (275 227).
If we can help you with more information and resources to promote BCS in your church then please contact our team at BCS Partnership Development, phone 1300 ASK BCS (275 227).
Annual General Meeting - 2013
All Members will be advised of the date and location of the 2013 Annual General Meeting once confirmed.